Tuesday 24 December 2013

Memory lane :)

After a wander around the snow covered market chalets in nottingham and a photo shoot at the robin hood statue outside nottingham castle we drove to Old Daulby, my childhood village. Was so nice showing the boys where I started school, where I played and lived until we emigrated when I was 8 and a half. Time stands still in an english village of one pub, school, village hall and church. Enjoyed the playground and walking the lanes, lots of memories. Then on to cambridge. Lovely university town. Had a fabulous punt on the river cam. Super guide, lots of history and facts and figures. So excited it's christmas eve and we are in a fabulous old hotel, university arms and will be enjoying christmas morning breaky in the ballroom. How cool is that. Happy christmas eve everyone xx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Karen Chris and boys Gosh what a whirlwind holiday your having Sounds absolutely fantastic and so pleased your all having a great time . I see you have already explored my part of the country bringing back memories to me. Hope you had a lovely Christmas and look forward to the next episode .Love for now Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks angela, yes we are having a great time...slowing up a bit now, enjoying every minute. Happy new year, love k

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember visiting you all just days before you all went off to Austrailia.
    Looking forqward to seeing you all again tomorrow!
    Enjoy Heidelburg.
    I will try to order sunshine for Nürnberg, at least for now the rain has stopped.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.